December 08, 2006

taboo daw

earlier i had a chat with a colleague regarding a volunteer work i was considering of doing. as we progressed in our discussion, i relayed my involvement in a homosexual group before that was formed as a support community for gays in cebu. it was obvious that he was taken aback when i told him that i was gay. actually, the reaction he had merited my "inner" laughing because when i said "i'm a homosexual", he immediately pressed his index finger to his lips to hush me while looking around with paranoia written all over his face. he said "it's a taboo here to say you're homosexual".

apparently, a lot of my officemates only toyed the idea that i might be gay but never concluded that i really am despite the way i flaunt myself like my swishy swoosh runway walk, or sultry voice, or my designer tight so gay outfits! hehehe. the gay scenario and awareness in singapore is totally different in the philippines. if i were just sitting somewhere in the philippines without batting an eyelash, people would instinctively know that i'm of the higher kind, the diyosa! hehehe.

i didn't witness this kind of shock learning about my sexuality from this guy alone. i had two more officemates who were surprised with my openness. of course i told them "haller! am i not obvious???". one conversation even went like this:

she: are you serious.
me: yes, of course.
she: then why are you so open about it?
me: why not?
she: how did your company and colleagues before take it?
me: oh they love me!
she: really?
me: really really.

hehehe. oh, well. it's about time singapore learn true gayness and the beauty that comes with it! and with me! :p

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tita Ems!!!

from tintin ^_^

emmz said...

hi tin tin!

kamao na diay ka mogamit og computer??? bright jud kaayo ni motudlo imong inahan nga puerte ka talented! hek hek hek!

see you sa dec puhon! :)

chris said...

pa-"shocked" effect lang mga yan, im sure hindi papasa sa famas awards. ba't nga ang dalang ng homosexual dito no? nakaka-shock.

emmz said...

hahaha... akala mo lang madalang chris! but you'll be surprised at the number of homosexuals here! parang kalahati na nga ng population dito e bading.. u just have to be at the right place to find out! hehehe ;)

sali ka na lang para malaman mo! makulay ang aming mundo! hehehe! :p

chris said...

kalahati?!?! best actors at actresses! ikaw hindi! lantad na lantad ka! :P yung 48 Laws na makapal o yung mini version? ok yan, kaso mejo kontra kontra yung points nya dun, pero ok na din

emmz said...

maganda naman ang pagkalantad ko! :p

ung makakapal ang sa kin... hmmm, i don't know if mababasa ko yun. ang kapal eh. ung art of seduction nga di ko na binasa. hehehe

and wow ha... i'm so touched you're visiting my blog... regular visitor din ako sayo kaso di ako nag-co-comment.. nahirapan akong mag-english! hahaha :p