April 25, 2007

nihon turipu apr 4: flight of the goddess

at 840 pm, i was onboard thai airways bound for bangkok. it was just a stopover with japan being my final destination. i was in bangkok's newest airport, suvarnabhumi, past 10 pm thailand time. my flight to japan was 730 in the morning on apr 5 so i originally planned of going out of the airport and go to silom where bangkok's night life bustles, hustles, and rustles. but since gulay goodness gracious, going out of the airport meant paying around 1,000 baht for roundtrip taxi plus 700 baht for the terminal fee, i decided against it and tried my luck on finding a spa inside the airport for a massage with extra service (body scrub po! you ha!). before i did that though, i tried my luck with the check-in counter ladies (not hotel check-in ladies mind you) to have my flight to japan moved at an earlier time.

i was surprised at the efficiency and the helpfulness of the two thai ladies at the check-in counter for transiting passengers. they got me a seat at the 12 midnight plane without shelling out a baht and bahting an eyelash! :p they were even able to have my luggage transferred from the 730 am plane to the 12 midnight plane! i was impressed since i did not expect them to be customer-oriented (i'll illustrate this when i account my trip back home! so watch out for it 19 days from now! hwek hwek hwek)

i had no pictures taken on this night as the suvarnabhumi airport hasn't made any picturesque impression on me except that it was humongous (bigger than japan's and singapore's airport, i think), the ceiling was still in a "skeletal" state, and the existence of travellators with a voice booming "the end of the walk is ahead. please watch your step." above you when you reach the end point the transporter.

and since my flight was made earlier than my original, i didn't get to have my authentic and blissful thai massage! darn! i was very much looking forward to the extra service even if a woman had to do it! wahahaha. mahilig kasi ako sa body scrub! kay flawless me. you noticed? hehehe. :p

apr 4 marked the start of my adventures/misadventures. i guess i was meant to experience an efficient service from the staff of suvarnabhumi airport on this night so that i would know how to close my account of this trip due to the experience i had while transiting on my way back to singapore. you'll learn what happen after 19 days nga! wehehehe.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi emman! i didn't u kip a blog too. =)

it was fun having u around. mishu!

emmz said...

halu rose!

wow! what a surprise for you to drop by! so you have a blog too??? i bet kay has one also... aw, wala diay sya naga-update... i hope ma-inspire nako ang girl nga mag blog na para kabasa pud ta sa iyang literary masterpieces! hehehe

kay! sulat na! :D

miss you both girls! aitai ne! :D

kuyuga si mama, cg, og, og hr guy ha... kato pung imong uyab nga ka language exchange ni kay :p

unsay blog nimo rose?

Anonymous said...

you should have opted for the thai massage :D para flawless ang mga skin.. ma kuskos ang mga unwanted blemishes... :D