September 24, 2007

post vacation musings

it's probably a default thing that happens. when i took a taxi from singapore's budget terminal to go home, i started thinking about work that awaits me the next day. good thing such thoughts never bothered me while i was on vacation. although, my 2 days 2 nights stay in phuket over the weekend wasn't as superb as i hoped it would be, i didn't worry at all of the things that i have to do this week.

in parts i enjoyed my vacation because of the company i was in but there were just some downtimes which i attribute to my own doing. i had been more reflective at times rather than being sociable and enthusiastic. i was drifting to other worlds in my mind in the middle of some interesting topics that my newfound friends were busy with. roland noticed my silence most of the time. my thoughts weren't about work, mind you. they were about something else. something bigger than the world! hehehe.

anyhow, the vacation actually ended with a bang. the last person i parted with whom i originally had qualms of conversing with turned out to be the best discourse i had in the entire trip. i found a kindred soul. an hour of waiting for our flights gave us a chance to open up ourselves to each other. but no this is not your romantic kind of connection. it's the kind where you realize there are others out there who somehow mirrors you: your way of thinking, your experiences, and pretty much who you are. it's the kind that makes you feel you're not alone.

hmmm, the trip wasn't not superb after all. my musings in between lively group discussions were justified by another capricorn born during that short hour of waiting for our flights back to each our homes. plus, i got to see old friends and gained new ones. yeah it was a superb vacation despite my "out of the party" mood.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

wow ha.. kindred spirit.. :D

Unknown said...

at least you didn't experience hell during your vacation! i know i did!

emmz said...

hahaha!

to idel - can relate ka girl? hmmm, murag libro man nang kindred spirit noh? hehehe

to milli v - tell me about it! hahaha... i-blog mo! :p