June 01, 2006

the sweetest wave goodbye

you are an unexpected visitor. to my heart. you are the dream i never dreamed of. yet i am drawn towards you.

your nod. your shrug. your smirk. your one-word replies. your fleeting smiles when i whip up some lucky jest. your silencing look. your blank look. and most often, your silence. these are all your varying answers to my attempt at speaking to you in poetry to know you. all these add to the mystery that you are.

you've created your presence in me so suddenly, unexpectedly; that i am caught off guard. you've stripped off me my defenses. i am hardly myself when left alone with you. i'm left with too much thinking. about you. about me.

you came suddenly. and more suddenly was your leaving. the night i thought would be the last night i'd see you, you gave me one of the most poignant and beautiful waves along with your usual shy half smile. that was all i could remember of that night. it was sweet. like love. and it was also painful. just like love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested